OKC By Night
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sun-dappled reflection

5 posters

Go down

Sun-dappled reflection Empty Sun-dappled reflection

Post by P. "Pike" Kelly Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:33 pm

Well, this made for a heck of a week, didn't it?

Welcome to the new players that joined the game this week, and welcome to the characters that made it into court for their acknowledgements. I know that many people got fidgety over the extended court session, but goddamn if it didn't get exciting by the end of it. The exchange(s!) of arguments in the court got me as excited as combat, and that's an easy comparison to make when I also got involved in a combat.

This being the first play-by-post game that I've participated in, and having only done LARPs before for World of Darkness games, the level of detail that can be put into every character and their interactions with each other has my enormous respect for this format. What I had thought was going to be a simple aside, a character-personality-detail for myself, turned out to be an explosive gaffe in its time and place, and I think that's fantastic. Out in the city, Abram laughing at someone has repeatedly proven to be a two-post exchange, tops, but in a court with tensions already running high (and the dice being very unfavorable for a character) it turned into a frenzy trigger. So, a laugh cost Abram his only Status and 9 blood, and I love it.
P.
P. "Pike" Kelly

Character Sheet
Appearance: Three: Good
Health: Bruised
Apparent Age: 20

Back to top Go down

Sun-dappled reflection Empty Re: Sun-dappled reflection

Post by Allesandro Cavini Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:29 pm

It's cool Abram, I'll buy ya a drink, the hooker's on you, the coke is on me.
Allesandro Cavini
Allesandro Cavini

Character Sheet
Appearance: Three: Good
Health: Uninjured
Apparent Age: 23

Back to top Go down

Post by Harold Carson Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:37 pm

I should've stuck around!

I completely agree, though. The time and detail going into the events going on in this format has really surprised me, and I couldn't be happier about it!
Harold Carson
Harold Carson

Character Sheet
Appearance: Zero: Terrifying
Health: Wounded (-2 dice)
Apparent Age: 39 (Ignoring Deformities)

Back to top Go down

Post by Natasha Miller Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:53 am

Oh hell, when this night started I could not have imagined it turning out the way it did. Technically things went very badly for Natasha but damn was it an awesome ride. I learned that it's important to just go with the flow, especially when the flow is against you. Natasha is making a lot of lemonade right now and oddly I really ended up enjoying things not going her way.

I love how Brujah Nat ended up being thanks to Abrams. No matter how how much designer clothing and finishing school they get, at the end of it they will rip into you if you fuck with them, even if they don't want to, the dice will voice their own opinion.
Natasha Miller
Natasha Miller

Character Sheet
Appearance: Four: Exceptional
Health: Uninjured
Apparent Age: 29

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicar Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:33 am

Excellently said, Natasha!
Vicar
Vicar