OKC By Night
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time, Mechanics, Rolls, Avatars and Signatures

Go down

Time, Mechanics, Rolls, Avatars and Signatures Empty Time, Mechanics, Rolls, Avatars and Signatures

Post by FARRIS Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:27 am

OKC by Night will contain copious amounts of adult language, situations, violence and themes. Viewer discretion is advised. This game is rated TVMA. 

Game Time and Experience:
The game will be active Monday through Saturday without pre-determined hours of operation. As my employment causes sporadic hours of work I may be working for 24 hours and able to run the game for all 24 of those hours or only one or two here and there. Therefore feel free to continue a scene at anytime day or night, and I will attend to them as soon as I am able whether that is 2AM or 2PM.

Each night in-game will be one week of Monday through Saturday. This is subject to change depending on how busy I've been and if I feel you'll all be shorted an appropriate amount of play time by me ending the night on Saturday. If changed you will all be notified in advance and the night will be extended for one additional week of Monday through Saturday. Regardless of how active the second week is, that will be the end of the night. No in-game night will last longer than two weeks.

Experience will be awarded to each active character at a rate of 1xp for each real time week of Monday through Saturday. If a game night lasts two real life weeks, your character will receive 2xp for that night.

For the purposes of this game, all rules and effects which indicate the following time descriptions will actually apply to the indicated real-life time span.

• Turn = Unchanged
• Less than an Hour = Full Scene
• Hour = Real Life Day
• Night = Real Life Week
• Week = Real Life Month
• Month = Real Life Quarter
• Year = Real Life Year

Travel: 

To begin roleplaying, you can travel to any one of the districts in the city:
Edmond
Northside OKC
Nichols Hills
Downtown / Bricktown
Southside OKC
Del City / Midwest City
Norman
Harrah and the Outliers

In order to travel to one of these districts, send a Private Message to the Storytellers usergroup informing me of the desired district that you wish to travel to. Once you arrive at a district, you MUST choose a location and announce your presence by posting something like "[character name] walks in through the door." or "[character name] arrives." If the location you desire is not posted yet, start a new topic with the location listed in the subject line.

The same is true for leaving, you MUST post something that announces your departure. If you are leaving the district, you must again send a Private Message to the Usergroup: Storytellers and let them know which district you are moving to. If this is not done, it is assumed you have returned to your haven. YOUR HAVEN WILL BE CONSIDERED YOUR DEFAULT LOCATION IF THE STORYTELLER DOES NOT KNOW WHERE YOU ARE.

When you are in a scene at a location where a scene is already active, but are interacting with a specific group of characters at the location or in a different portion of the location (such as a different room), start a new topic. This helps keep separate who is interacting with whom in each scene and makes it easier to roleplay.

If you wish to proceed to a location without being noticed, you need to contact the Storyteller with information regarding your intentions. If you do not contact the Storyteller, you essentially have 0 successes for Stealth and others may more easily notice you.

Posting Considerations: 

Please keep in mind that anything you post in a scene IS something that other characters in the same scene pick up on. If you post your inner monologue, something muttered under the breath, or something your character is feeling, it will be something that others in the same scene note. Perhaps they read your body language or your characters thoughts were actually sub-consciously muttered, or even the comments you mutter under your breath were spoken louder than you thought. Whatever the reason, it is viable information for those you are role-playing with.

For any Out-of-Character comments, mechanical applications, or dice rolls, make sure to group them within Spoiler text. This leaves all character actions easily visible and all player actions hidden for ease of reading the scene, and quicker management for the Storyteller.

Rolling and Game Mechanics: 

Whenever doing an action that calls for a roll, make sure to state your action, and Willpower or Vitae expenditures.
Here is an example of the format that I would prefer be used:

FARRIS attacks the lupine with his feral claws!
Dex + Brawl = 5 + 1 willpower. Spending (3) blood on Strength for damage.
[The actual roll of dice shows up here]

To actually roll dice use the following code in you post. 
Code:
[roll="d10"]#[/roll]  Where # is the number of d10 to be rolled.

This will allow you multiple rolls in the same post.

If you wish to keep any rolls or actions private, such as secretly using Disciplines or other similar actions, you MUST send a private message to the Storytellers so that the scene can be properly moderated.

When you successfully hunting or spending blood, please indicate how much you are using by marking the number within parentheses. For instance, if you are activating a Discipline that requires you to use blood, healing, or otherwise using blood, mark the Discipline use in your post and include (-1) to indicate the expenditure. When drinking from a vessel, indicate how much blood you are taking in the same manner by marking (2) or however much you intend to take. If you do not indicate a specific amount, it will be considered a default of (1).

Please include an avatar showing what your character looks like and post in your signature line what type of clothing you are wearing, your apparent age and anything distinctive about your character. You will need to make sure to enter your profile and, in the preferences, mark your signature as visible. 

All signatures must adhere to certain standards as follows:
- Must include text description of character's appearance.
- Must include descriptive traits of Status (if any).
- May include links to pictures or sites (such as a Wiki page) for clothing, Retainers and visible possessions.
- May only include a single quote, humorous quip or non-character related item of text information.

Please feel free to PM FARRIS with any questions.
FARRIS
FARRIS
Admin

Character Sheet
Appearance: Zero: Terrifying
Health: Mauled (-2 dice)
Apparent Age: 750

https://okcbynight.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down