OKC By Night
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Theme Songs! yay!

2 posters

Go down

Theme Songs!  yay! Empty Theme Songs! yay!

Post by FARRIS Fri May 01, 2015 2:22 pm

Among my many and varied interests, I am an audiophile. A music buff in general.

Some people hear voices or see things that aren't there.  

I hear music in my brain constantly.  It often times leads me to associating songs with all sorts of things.  Like my brain assigns theme songs to stuff.

Like I always hear certain songs when I do specific tasks or need a particular item.

So I was driving the 30 mile commute home from work the other night and was thinking about the game here and what would I choose to be the theme song here.

The options are nearly innumerable.  

But I think I've settled on one that I can approve of for the OKC by Night Theme Song.

Ra - Do You Call My Name.

I am curious however, to hear suggestions from you.  What would you suggest for a theme song here?  Anything that when you hear it played you go "Oh yeah! That's Vampire music right there?"

Some honorable mentions from my brain to yours.
I left out anything from the Bloodlines game OST - those all just go without saying.

Hammerfall - Any Means Necessary

Sirenia - Path to Decay

Blutengel - Children of the Night

Apocalyptica - Path Vol. II
FARRIS
FARRIS
Admin

Character Sheet
Appearance: Zero: Terrifying
Health: Mauled (-2 dice)
Apparent Age: 750

https://okcbynight.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Theme Songs!  yay! Empty Re: Theme Songs! yay!

Post by P. "Pike" Kelly Mon May 04, 2015 1:23 pm

This is reaching back quite a number of years to my high school listening selections, but here's one of the most vampire-obvious songs that I've come upon:
Malice Mizer (Japanese goth-pop, I think is how they're described) - Beast of Blood

For a bit of trivia, this song's original title was "Vampires in Love," but is was changed to its far more familiar title to keep from scaring off any of the artist's already broad fan-base. I'm sure you've all heard it before, possible multiple times a night if you've ever been to a karaoke bar:
Bonnie Tyler - Vampi- er, Total Eclipse of the Heart
P.
P. "Pike" Kelly

Character Sheet
Appearance: Three: Good
Health: Bruised
Apparent Age: 20

Back to top Go down

Post by FARRIS Mon May 04, 2015 11:37 pm

Ohhh, I actually rather liked the Malice Mizer song. Never heard of them before! Will have to listen to more of them.

And yeah, I've always thought Total Eclipse of the Heart was a thematically appropriate song. But as you pointed out, Karaoke nights have long since ruined that song for me.
FARRIS
FARRIS
Admin

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by FARRIS Wed May 13, 2015 12:32 am

Because music is awesome and in case you guys ever wanted to know the kind of music your ST is listening to about 90% of the time here's a link to my Master List Station on Pandora.    It has all the artists that I "thumbs up'd" at least three of their songs from my various other stations.  It can be an eclectic mix from time to time, but who knows you might enjoy some of it!

CLICK THIS THING HERE
FARRIS
FARRIS
Admin

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down